[Slackbuilds-users] orphaned buildscripts

Giancarlo Dessì slack at giand.it
Mon May 15 21:04:17 UTC 2023

Il 13/05/23 21:54, Giancarlo Dessì ha scritto:

> Il 13/05/23 20:44, KB_SBo ha scritto:

>>> Sorry, I got wrong in my previous posts because I've included some
>>> packages already taken by KB_SBo
>>>
>>> Fix my list, I'll take these:
>>>
>>> gis/saga-gis
>>> gis/SFCGAL
>>> gis/xplanet
>>> libraries/libkml
>>>
>>> I reserve to take some more by the category gis or academic if
>>> remaining
>>> orphaned
>>>
>> Giancarlo,
>>
>> If you are interested, take as many orphaned gis/ an academic/ as you
>> like!  The qgis and some deps, I grabbed to help out Rich and I'll be
>> working on those today.
>>
>> I also took gis/xplanet, but may not have time to do an update for
>> awhile.  If you want xplanet, take it.
>>
>> -kb
>>

> Thanks KB. At the moment I'm working on saga-gis. I adapted the
> slackbuild to the last release and it works fine in my system, but
> cmake does not find an optional dependency, so I'm testing the build
> with various configurations. After saga-gis I try SFCGAL and then
> xplanet if is not still updated.

I saw that some packages do not need updates, because I think the
authors have dropped the development (for example xplanet).

I grabbed also *pdal*, the update is almost ready, but I'm studying how
to install automatically various optional dependencies if detected:
unlike gdal, pdal enables various plugins only if users set explicitly
respectives flags in cmake (DBUILD_PLUGIN_X=ON). Some dependencies have
no slackbuilds in SBo, so they have to be created next time.

Giancarlo Dessì
https://www.giand.it

Slackware Linux... because it works!