[Slackbuilds-users] xvfb-run source is 404

Bob Funk bobfunk11 at gmail.com
Tue May 16 18:20:53 UTC 2023

Hello.

It looks like sometime in the last few weeks the source for xvfb-run
version 1.19.2 has been removed.

Examining the upstream host, the only available versions are now 1.20.4,
1.20.11, or 21.1.7. It seems trivial to update to a newer version. I tested
the build with 21.1.7 and it worked fine here with just updating the
version number.

I emailed the maintainer about it 72 hours ago and have just been getting
undeliverable mail pingbacks every 24 hours. I guess the maintainer's mail
server no longer exists.

Would be nice to see this fixed, since my mutter build depends on xvfb-run.
If this mass email reaches the maintainer then please submit an updated
version. Just needs a version bump is all.

I can also submit a fixed build and takeover maintenance if this guy is
AWOL.

Regards,

Bob Funk