[Slackbuilds-users] Virtualbox

Heinz Wiesinger pprkut at slackbuilds.org
Sat May 20 20:39:51 UTC 2023

On Saturday, 20 May 2023 21:27:23 CEST Jim wrote:
> For anyone who is listening and cares...
>
> See below
>
> On Fri, May 19, 2023 at 21:04 (+0800), David O'Shaughnessy wrote:
> > I'm not too sure why the maintainer is not pushing an update, probably
> > busy?
> Probably!
>
> > There are some of the maintainer's build scripts here though that are
> > updated: https://repo.liwjatan.org/pprkut/15.0/source/
> > https://repo.liwjatan.org/pprkut/current/source/
>
> I have edited the virtualbox slackbuilds, info files and patch file for
> virtualbox                      to 6.1.44 (6.1.44a, more specifically)
> virtualbox-kernel               to 6.1.40 (latest and greatest, it seems)
> virtualbox-extension-pack       to 6.1.44
> and built and (lightly) tested the results and all seems to be fine.
>
> I don't want to pull the rug out from under the feet of the current
> maintainer, but if he or someone in SBo management-land wants the updated
> files, please let me know and I'll package them up and send them off.
>
> For that matter, should anyone else want them I'll be happy to package them
> up and send them off.

Hi there! I'm still alive, but indeed rather busy. I was hoping things would
have cleared up by now, but alas...

I updated to 6.1.44 in my repo just this week, doing the same for SBo is on my
TODO list. However, can't provide any timeline :-/

Is there a specific feature/bugfix you *need* from the newer version though?
Generally, the version on SBo should work "just fine". If it's just about
running the "latest and greatest", you should be able to fetch the SlackBuild
from my -current or 15.0 repo (or even the packages). I don't typically update
my scripts on SBo anymore unless there's a specific reason.

Grs,
Heinz