[Slackbuilds-users] Building TeXLive 2023

Jim zsd+slackbuilds at jdvb.ca
Tue May 23 17:59:47 UTC 2023

Hi Rich,

On Tue, May 23, 2023 at 09:47 (-0700), Rich Shepard wrote:

> TeXLive 2021 is the current version for both Slackware64-14.2 and -15.0. I
> have a document that will not build (using pdflatex) on that version, but it
> does build on TeXLive 2023. Why this one document won't build is unknown;
> Herbert Voss found it built on the 2023 version so he cannot help.

> I did not find that version on AlienBOB's web site. I need suggestions on
> how I can upgrade TeXLive to the 2023 version so I can provide this document
> to my client.

> Thanks in advance,

Not to be unsupportive of all the hard work that the SlackBuilds people do,
but given how easy it is to install TeXlive and keep it up to date, are you
sure that a SlackBuild is what you really want here?

I've been installing TL for years that way and it has been a very simple
and efficient experience.

                                Jim