[Slackbuilds-users] non-stripped binaries

B. Watson urchlay at slackware.uk
Thu May 25 08:18:42 UTC 2023

On Thu, 25 May 2023, Andrzej Telszewski wrote:

> On 25/05/2023 06:59, B. Watson wrote:
>> If that doesn't work, leave it unstripped. sbopkglint's supposed to
>> help you, not control you.
>
> Maybe `sbopkglint` supports annotation to tell it to treat some code as
> correct event though it thinks it is incorrect?

I've thought about that. "Magic comment" syntax in the SlackBuild
(which sbopkglint will find in /usr/doc/$PRGNAM-$VERSION).

The trouble is, we don't want it to be overused/abused. If every test
can be disabled, inevitably someone will start submitting builds with
all the tests disabled, which sorta defeats the purpose of having
sbopkglint.

But if only a few tests can be disabled, it might work out OK.