[Slackbuilds-users] sbo-maintainer-tools and .info-files

Franzen slackbuilds at schoepfer.info
Sun May 28 07:17:37 UTC 2023

Am 2023-05-28 08:31, schrieb B. Watson:
> On Sun, 28 May 2023, Franzen via SlackBuilds-users wrote:
>
>> While we are here, i had an rejected build because i didn't have a
>> if [ -x /usr/bin/...  ]; then
>> in doinst.sh/douninst.sh
>>
>> Maybe sbo-maintainer-tools could also warn if an executed command in
>> doinst.sh has no -x test,
>
> That could possibly be added. Though, any parse I write for that, will
> not be a real shell that parses the full shell syntax...

It might be enough lint-help, to not universally check shell syntax, but
e.g.
to grep doinst.sh for /bin/ , and grep the outcoming list for the
existance of
'if [ -x /bin/"command" ]'.

>> and warn if executed commands don't actually exist.
>
> How can it? It has no idea what commands do or do not exist on
> whatever system you end up installing the package on...

It's not about whatever system. At first, i expect to have the used
commands on my build system.
If i have a typo in the command in doinst.sh, i might not notice(e.g.
because of the -x test for
a non-existent command). If that is made sure, "whatever system" has the
chance to have that
command also, that's what the actual test -x is for.

> but
> requiring all the dependencies for a package to be installed just to
> lint that package seems kinda onerous.

Most of the time stock slackware commands are in use.
And usually i have all dependencies installed if i work on buildscripts.

Maybe we have different use-cases, you are probably more on the
repository mass-checking side?