[Slackbuilds-users] libheif / cargo-c compiling problem

Jim zsd+slackbuilds at jdvb.ca
Sat Nov 4 20:31:20 UTC 2023

Using Slackware64 15.0...

After today's updates, I tried to sboupgrade libheif, and the first thing
sboupgrade wanted to do was to build cargo-c.  After downloading many
files, it unpacks cargo-c and then whines thusly:

cargo-c-0.9.27/src/config.rs
cargo-c-0.9.27/src/install.rs
cargo-c-0.9.27/src/lib.rs
cargo-c-0.9.27/src/pkg_config_gen.rs
cargo-c-0.9.27/src/target.rs
tar: /usr/sbo/repo/development/cargo-c/addr2line-0.19.0.crate: Cannot open: No such file or directory
Failure encountered while building cargo-c:
  cargo-c.SlackBuild return non-zero

Do you want to proceed? [n]
Failures:
  cargo-c: cargo-c.SlackBuild return non-zero

Perhaps there is something peculiar on my system, but before I go on the
hunt, can anyone in slackbuild land tell me whether their 64-bit 15.0
system is happy about compiling libheif?

Thanks.

                                Jim