[Slackbuilds-users] python3-numpy and openimageio build problems

Christoph Willing 475.chris.willing at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 22:41:21 UTC 2023

On 2/10/23 01:28, Karel Venken wrote:
> I have been trying to install Blender (not blender). I noted following
> problems in some of the dependencies:
>
> openimageio:
> The tar file is named oiio-Release-2.2.21.0.tar.gz  but the contents
> have as directory OpenImageIO-Release-2.2.21.0
> I fixed it by adding/modifying two lines in the SlackBuild:
> after SRCNAM=oiio-Release, I added (line 28) EXTNAM=OpenImageIO-Release
> and after extracting the tarfile (line 35), I used cd
> $EXTNAME-$VERSION instead.

The cached tarball I've been using sonce 2.2.21.0 was released creates
directory oiio-Release-2.2.21.0 (as per the SlackBuild). I've downloaded
the tarball again and found (as you said) that it now creates directory
OpenImageIO-Release-2.2.21.0. It seems they've re-released the tarball
since the original release.

I've pushed an update to the SlackBuild to accommodate the changed
tarball contents. It's at
https://git.slackbuilds.org/slackbuilds/tree/graphics/openimageio?h=user/chris.willing/updates)
until next global SBo update.

When rebuilding openimageio, any cached oiio-Release-2.2.21.0.tar.gz
tarball should be removed and downloaded again since the cached version
will now result in build failure.

The tarball at
http://slackware.uk/sbosrcarch/by-name/graphics/openimageio/oiio-Release-2.2.21.0.tar.gz
should also be updated (not sure how that's done).

chris