[Slackbuilds-users] *.rej files creeping in to git commits

Erich Ritz erich.public at protonmail.com
Mon Oct 2 14:48:13 UTC 2023

Hi all,

The last few weeks I've seen *.rej files make it into updates (and usually deleted the following week).  I have 2 suggestions:

1) Add a check to sbolint (this is why I've included B. Watson in the email).

2) Add "*.rej" to .gitignore.

I just checked and the only "*.rej" file in the tree was the one added this week.  Of course, if there is ever a valid reason to include a file named "*.rej" the above 2 options wouldn't prevent one from doing so.

Comments?  Good idea?  Bad idea?

Erich