[Slackbuilds-users] Added python3-meson-opt

fourtysixandtwo fourtysixandtwo at sliderr.net
Wed Oct 4 15:20:58 UTC 2023

Hi all,

Thanks to a comment on LQ by brobr (not sure if you are on this list) I've
uploaded three new builds that will allow builds like numpy and pandas to
be upgraded to their latest versions and use the PEP517 build process.  In
both cases this significantly decreases the build time due to the meson
backend making use of all cores.

Here's all 5 slackbuilds and the build queue for python3-pandas.  Please
test.
https://slackware.uk/~fourtysixandtwo/src/python3-meson-opt-test.tar.gz

FYI Jeremy, when you get a chance to look at it let me know if you're ok
with the newer versions of meson and meson-python (mesonpy) than what
pandas 2.1.1 was pinned to.

Cheers.