[Slackbuilds-users] memtest86 vs memtest86+

J. Milgram milgram at cgpp.com
Thu Oct 5 10:31:57 UTC 2023

FWIW I recently added a couple of DIMMs to my own (pre-UEFI) system and
decided to run memtest before declaring victory.

memtest86 hung just a little way into the test. No problems reported,
just froze.

memtest86+ ran to the end (and found no problems.) So that's the one I
kept. And system has been behaving fine.

I didn't think to run either one before the upgrade...

Judah