[Slackbuilds-users] memtest86 vs memtest86+

B. Watson urchlay at slackware.uk
Fri Oct 6 04:26:47 UTC 2023

On Thu, 5 Oct 2023, Rich Shepard wrote:

>> Thank you, B. That's excellent advice and I'll follow it.
>
> Slight discrepancy between the source file number and the SlackBuild script.
> The Debian version is 4.6.0-1 while the build script version is 4.6.0_1. I
> changed the latter to match the filename.

There's a reason for the discrepancy: Slackware package version
numbers are not allowed to contain hyphens. The - is used as a
delimiter by pkgtools.

memtester is far from the only build that has this 'issue'. I put it
in quotes because it's not a real issue, it's just standard operating
procedure for Slackware and SBo.