[Slackbuilds-users] elinks continued development

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Sun Oct 22 16:57:47 UTC 2023

Hello,

Le 19/10/2023 à 15:20, Martin Bångens a écrit :
> From https://github.com/rkd77/elinks on github I tried replacing the tar and
> used the elinks slackbuild script, removed all patches and cleaned up unused
> variables. I'm on slackware current I couldn't build the old elinks. I only use
> it for development documentation sites and simple sites. It still builds with
> js185. Should we provide a different build for elinks? The one we have I believe
> is form 2017, the original.

Actually there are two SlackBuilds:
https://slackbuilds.org/repository/15.0/network/elinks/
builds the original elinks

https://slackbuilds.org/repository/15.0/network/felinks/
builds the new elinks aka felinks, repository now renamed elinks.

So I'd suggest to just upgrade the latter to version 0.16.1.1

I understand that the development of elinks now occurs in
https://github.com/rkd77/elinks

Should the SlackBuild for elinks be removed and maybe the SlackBuild for felinks
renamed elinks is up to their respective maintainers.

Cheers
Didier