[Slackbuilds-users] Edit suggested of intel-microcode.SlackBuild

fourtysixandtwo fourtysixandtwo at sliderr.net
Wed Sep 6 12:29:17 UTC 2023

I second Didier's suggestion.

Here's  a snippet from the grub docs, the default images it looks for are
at the bottom:

'GRUB_EARLY_INITRD_LINUX_CUSTOM'
'GRUB_EARLY_INITRD_LINUX_STOCK'
     List of space-separated early initrd images to be loaded from
     '/boot'.  This is for loading things like CPU microcode, firmware,
     ACPI tables, crypto keys, and so on.  These early images will be
     loaded in the order declared, and all will be loaded before the
     actual functional initrd image.

     'GRUB_EARLY_INITRD_LINUX_STOCK' is for your distribution to declare
     images that are provided by the distribution.  It should not be
     modified without understanding the consequences.  They will be
     loaded first.

     'GRUB_EARLY_INITRD_LINUX_CUSTOM' is for your custom created images.

     The default stock images are as follows, though they may be
     overridden by your distribution:
          intel-uc.img intel-ucode.img amd-uc.img amd-ucode.img
early_ucode.cpio microcode.cpio

Cheers