[Slackbuilds-users] haskell-mtl-2.2.2 seemingly conflicts with ghc

andrew.clemons at gmail.com andrew.clemons at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 21:54:57 UTC 2023

On 24/09/23 21:09, Vladimir Nikishkin wrote:
> Dear SlackBuilds Users,
>
> I think there is some confusion between ghc and haskell-mtl.
> I think, mtl overwrites some files installed by ghc, which creates a
> problem for dependency resolution.
>
> Namely, the whole directory /usr/lib64/ghc-8.10.4/mtl-2.2.2 seems to be
> provided by both packages.

You are correct. Nothing in the repo requires it. Last year when we were
prepping the repo for 15.0, I was trying to fix the pandoc build with
all the latest dependencies (it has > 150 dependencies) and I wrote a
slackbuild for this, but later realised it was already part of ghc, just
the version was too new for other dependencies which were complaining
about not finding it and those needed upgrading instead. Looks like I
pushed this dependency anyway, despite it being redundant. I'll stage it
for removal this week.

Thanks,
Andrew