[Slackbuilds-users] update homepage query

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen+SBo at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 18:58:06 UTC 2024

On Tue, Feb 13, 2024, 6:30 AM Tim Dickson via SlackBuilds-users <
slackbuilds-users at slackbuilds.org> wrote:

> Hi all, there are three slackbuilds I look after which need a homepage
> update from http to https
> should I submit 3 updates with .info updated and build no. bumped, or is
> there an easier way.
>
> as the build is identical, maybe the build number doesn't need bumping,
> but is it possible
> to do an updated with no change in version or build?
>
> the old http home sites still work, they are just permanently redirected
> to the https versions.
> regards, Tim

I wouldn't do a build number bump since the resulting program that's
created remains unchanged. If you changed dependencies or the compilation
process, that should constitute a build number bump.

Personally, I would do individual commits but submit them under a single
PR... like I did here in the following PR:

https://github.com/SlackBuildsOrg/slackbuilds/pull/3261

Jeremy