[Slackbuilds-users] Wrong md5sum for rav1e

Lockywolf for_slackbuilds-users_mlist_2023-04-21 at lockywolf.net
Sat Feb 17 13:59:10 UTC 2024

Alexander Verbovetsky <alik at ejik.org> writes:

> On Sat, Feb 17, 2024 at 02:40:28PM +0100, Heiko Rosemann via SlackBuilds-users wrote:
>> On 2/17/24 14:16, Alexander Verbovetsky wrote:
>> > By some reason the building process for rav1e tries to use
>> > Cargo.lock from cargo-c instead of downloading its own Cargo.lock.
>> >
>> > It seems an oversight or foul play is involved in
>

>> That absolutely works as intended: Before downloading, sbopkg checks
>> if a file of the correct name already exists in the cache directory.
>
>> It does not keep track where that file came from or when it was
>> downloaded.
>
> To me it sounds like receipt for disaster.
>
> Are there any recommendation what a slackbuild script should do about
> this problem?
>
> Clean $CWD at the very end?
>
> Best regards,
> Alexander

Do we actually need those Cargo.lock files to successfully build a rust
binary?

I have a few rust slackbuilds (helvum, lean-elan, tzupdate), and they
just use .crate files, not Cargo.lock files.

I am pre-generating .info files with the following script:

https://gitlab.com/Lockywolf/lwfslackbuilds/-/blob/master/02_lockywolf-sbo-scripts/lwf_make-cargolinks.bash?ref_type=heads

--
Your sincerely,
Vladimir Nikishkin (MiEr, lockywolf)