[Slackbuilds-users] issues with msgpack-c

Giancarlo Dessì slack at giand.it
Thu Feb 22 07:13:52 UTC 2024

Il 21/02/24 21:15, Ruben Schuller ha scritto:
> Hi Giancarlo, hi list!
>
> Thank you for your mail! IIRC a while back I did submit an update to
> msgpack-c which was reverted as something else broke, I'm not sure what
> exactly. So having multiple SlackBuilds might well be required.
>
> I did take up maintenance of msgpack-c as dependency of neovim. I don't
> maintain neovim anymore so if you or anyone else wants to take it, that
> would be fine.
>
> Cheers
> Ruben
>
> 2024-02-21 Giancarlo Dessì<slack at giand.it>:

Well, meanwhile I tested some of these dependencies with the header-only
library for C++. mmtf-cpp requires a little patch to find include files
through cmake, PyMOL seems no have problems, whereas opendht surely
requires a package for the C implementation and a patch for cmake
findpackage. Other dependencies are not checked. I'll try to make two
separate packages with different names as alternatives to old msgpack-c
for transition.

Greetings

Giancarlo Dessì
https://www.giand.it