[Slackbuilds-users] tracking down SBo "dependencies"

Jim zsd+slackbuilds at jdvb.ca
Thu Feb 29 16:12:14 UTC 2024

I recently upgraded the SBo dav1d, which upgraded the library from
libdav1d.so.6 to libdav1d.so.7.

Unfortunately, a couple of other SBo packages (libheif and vlc) had
references to (specifically) libdav1d.so.6, which caused them to whine a
bit.

It was easy enough to recompile libheif and vlc after I found the problem,
but this got me wondering...

Does anyone have an easy way of tracking down this sort of "breakage" which
might happen when upgrading an SBo package?

Thanks.
                                Jim