[Slackbuilds-users] RFC: remove cdw or new maintainer?

KB_SBo sbo at linuxgalaxy.org
Tue Jan 16 17:45:44 UTC 2024

Hello All:

cdw (CLI frontend for cdrtools etc) was last updated in 2016.  From
upstream:

2023-01-01
This project has been closed
Version 0.8.1 was the last version released by its current developer
(acerion) and published on cdw.sf.net. There will be no new releases, no
bug fixes, and no support will be provided by or through cdw.sf.net. The
project may be picked up by someone else, but the developer of this
project (acerion) will not be involved in that new project.

On 2023.01.01 this project has been closed.

It still compiles on 15.0, however I have not fully tested cdw, nor plan
to, as I no longer use this software.  There are newer tools, both CLI
and GUI).  I recommend that cdw be dropped when Current -> Stable
because after then cdw will be dead to me.

Unless, of course, there is someone who wants to take it over and hunt
for the inevitable patches.

-kb