[Slackbuilds-users] Gradle version upgrade

Vladimir Nikishkin for_slackbuilds-users_mlist_2023-04-21 at lockywolf.net
Fri Jan 19 09:41:26 UTC 2024

Gradle 5.5.1 is very old, I suspect that it is that old because it is
the last version which was used with a systemwide installation.

Nowadays most projects use Gradle through the "gradle wrapper",
gradlew/gradlew.bat, so I suggest looking into that. It might fit you
better.

Riza Dindir <riza.dindir at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello
>
> This message would be for the site administrator, but I am not sure.
>
> I wanted to use gradle on slackware (I am using slackware 15.0 with the latest 5.15.145 kernel). The current
> version of the gradle package is 5.5.1. The current version of gradle is 8.5.
>
> I contacted the maintainer of the package, in the hope that maybe they could upgrade the version. But the mail
> seems to be invalid. The mail bounces back with an "address not found" message.
>
> In the meantime, I have changed the gradle package to use the latest gradle version. Have created and
> installed it on my machine. It seems to be working, and I am able to build C++, and java packages, besides
> other projects that use gradle.
>
> I was wondering if it would be ok if I submit that package to slackbuilds.org?
>
> Regards
> Riza Dindir

Your sincerely,
Vladimir Nikishkin (MiEr, lockywolf)