[Slackbuilds-users] issue with openimageio after pybind11 update

Christoph Willing 475.chris.willing at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 11:24:29 UTC 2024

On 20/1/24 19:11, Tim Dickson via SlackBuilds-users wrote:
> thanks for the heads up chris, I wondered if that might be the case.
> Maybe a note in the opencolorio readme to temporarily uninstall
> openimageio if present before building the package would be useful?
> regards, Tim

The problem with that is that while it solves the problem you had, it's
not necessarily true in all situations.

Usually, after building opencolorio successfully, you would use that new
build to rebuild openimageio. Having done that (new openimagio based on
successful opencolorio), you will find that you can now rebuild
opencolorio while leaving openimgeio in place. Now there will be some
new optimisations in opencolorio using components available in
openimageio. At that point you could rebuild openimageio against the
updated opencolorio, presumably resulting in an optimised openimageio.

I'm unsure how to express all that simply enough without causing
confusion for the average user who is probably just passing through on
their way to a build of Blender. I'll think of something ...

chris