[Slackbuilds-users] Is it possible to test build packages using chroot?

Sebastian Arcus s.arcus at open-t.co.uk
Sat Jan 27 17:37:30 UTC 2024

As per title, is it possible to use chroot to test build packages
against a different version of Slackware? For example if I have
slackware -current on my machine, instead of setting up a full virtual
machine, could I have a Slackware 15.0 install in a directory, and just
chroot to it to test build a package? I confess I only have a general
understanding of how chroot works - so there might be a reason why this
can't work.