[Slackbuilds-users] Some abandoned SlackBuilds

Alexander Verbovetsky alik at ejik.org
Fri Mar 1 14:42:56 UTC 2024

On Sat, Apr 22, 2023 at 09:33:58AM -0500, Konrad J Hambrick wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 22, 2023 at 8:50 AM Alexander Verbovetsky <alik at ejik.org>
> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Apr 22, 2023 at 08:11:52AM -0500, Konrad J Hambrick wrote:
>
> > > However, rabbitmq-server-3.11.13 and rabbitmq-c-0.13.0 require
> > > erlang-otp-25.3 and elixir-1.14.4 to build.
>
> > > And then ejabberd depends on erlang-otp which is maintained by
> > > Alexander Verbovetsky ( also copied here ).
> > > Are there any issues with the erlang-otp and elixr updates ?
>
> > Ejabberd will be happy with this update.
>
> Thanks Alexander.
> I'll continue testing and let the list know when I have something :)

Is there any news?

In fact, without the update, Ejabber is a bit unhappy :-)
rebar3 binaries included with ejabberd requires Erlang 24+
I plan to workaround this by providing a Slackbuild for rebar3, but even
so, I think it would be a good idea to move to Erlang 25 or 26, unless
there's a good reason to stay with Erlang 23.

Also, Ejabberd can be used with Elixir, and in this case the
documentation highly recommend to use Elixir 1.13.4 or higher.

Best regards,
Alexander