[Slackbuilds-users] tracking down SBo "dependencies"

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen+SBo at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 17:26:20 UTC 2024

This would only show dependencies of dav1d. It wouldn't show any packages
that depend on dav1d (unless there was a circular dependency), so it
wouldn't help find things that would be broken.

You could grep all the queue files for dav1d, but that would only show the
packages that had it as a hard dependency. Several will add support if
dav1d is found on the system (like VLC) without needing to specify it on
the REQUIRES line in the .info.

It's certainly one benefit of building in a clean system to prevent picking
accidental dependencies (which slackrepo does very well when set up
properly).

Jeremy