[Slackbuilds-users] sbotools config issues

J. Milgram milgram at cgpp.com
Sun Mar 10 22:21:03 UTC 2024

Hello.

Once again having problems installing with sbotools. There's evidently
some config subtlety I'm not grasping, hopefully someone can set me
straight.

I have a fresh -current install and am using the default 15.0 repo. Many
slackbuilds installed fine, but then:

/usr/sbin/sboinstall XXX fails with:

"Unable to locate XXX in the SlackBuilds.org tree."

Where XXX is in [ python3-build, python3-wheel ] ... and maybe others.
May be just python3 packages that fail but haven't investigated. I do
see these slackbuilds in the slackbuilds repo so they're not mirages.

Some config stuff:

 >> cat /etc/slackware-version
Slackware 15.0+

 >> cat /etc/sbotools/sbotools.conf
JOBS=5
DISTCLEAN=TRUE

 >> /usr/sbin/sboconfig -l
sboconfig -d|--distclean:
     DISTCLEAN=TRUE
sboconfig -j|--jobs:
     JOBS=5
sboconfig -o|--local-overrides:
     LOCAL_OVERRIDES=FALSE
sboconfig -c|--noclean:
     NOCLEAN=FALSE
sboconfig -p|--pkg-dir:
     PKG_DIR=FALSE
sboconfig -r|--repo:
     REPO=FALSE
sboconfig -s|--sbo-home:
     SBO_HOME=/usr/sbo
sboconfig -V|--slackware-version:
     SLACKWARE_VERSION=FALSE

/usr/sbo/repo has 320+ MB of slackbuilds files, but nothing for
python3-build or python3-wheel.

/usr/sbo/distfiles is empty (I guess because I have DISTCLEAN=TRUE and
have also done sboclean -d.

/usr/sbin/sbosnap and sboupdate both run seemingly without error, but
don't pick up the missing slackbuilds.

I'm guessing this is a 15.0 vs. -current thing, but I am out of ideas.
Grateful for any advice!

Maybe I need to install these problem packages by hand ... if it must
be, so be it. But in the long term it would be nice to get everything
configured properly.

thanks!

Judah

--