[Slackbuilds-users] sbotools config issues

J. Milgram milgram at cgpp.com
Mon Mar 11 00:51:40 UTC 2024

Thanks, and thanks Didier too.

( I misunderstood ... item #15 at https://slackbuilds.org/faq/ says:
"Slackware -current is not supported, but as a general rule, the scripts
should work on it as well." so I didn't think to look for a -current repo. )

So I did:

sboconfig -r https://github.com/Ponce/slackbuilds.git
sboconfig -l # to confirm sbo was in fact pointed at that URL
sbocheck

It ran, didn't seem to download anything new. But no improvement, still got "Unable to locate..."

Then just to be sure, started from scratch:

rm -rf /usr/sbo
sbosnap fetch
sboinstall python3-matplotlib

... but same problem. FWIW sbotools is 2.7.

So tried it with sbopkg, selected the -current git repo and it seems to have worked. Good enough for me, though I would still like to know what went wrong with sbotools.

Is sbopkg more actively maintained than sbotools?

thx
Judah