[Slackbuilds-users] Linphone maintenance

B. Watson urchlay at slackware.uk
Wed Mar 20 01:03:11 UTC 2024

On Wed, 20 Mar 2024, Sebastian Arcus wrote:

> I have copied Euan into the email I sent to the list on 07 Feb 2024 asking if
> the Linphone scripts could be updated - but there hasn't been any reply. I
> already accepted to look after BcToolbox, which he used to maintain - as he
> hasn't been active in a long time.
>
> Should I try to contact Euan again?

Don't bother. Euan Thoms' last activity was in November of 2017, over
6 years ago. I think we can consider this one an ex-maintainer.

Whoever wants to take over linphone, and any other of his builds, just
submit an update (possibly after discussing it on this mailing list).

I recommend whoever takes linphone also takes its dependencies that
were maintained by Euan:

libraries/libantlr3c
libraries/libsrtp
libraries/bzrtp
libraries/belle-sip

Whoever wants them should also take Euan's other builds:

libraries/ccrtp
libraries/libzrtpcpp
libraries/msx264
libraries/ucommon