[Slackbuilds-users] suggestion for a new category for fonts

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at slackbuilds.org
Thu Mar 21 03:00:41 UTC 2024

> Currently fonts are put under category system, they mix with other
> system tools. Would it be better to have a separate category (fonts)
> for them?

This is my personal opinion and do not express other admin's opinion

i think having more categories doesn't really give benefits to this
project besides cosmetic values. It just adds more work moving scripts
around during development cycle, adding new categories in the database,
web forms, etc.

Since we have search form in our website, i wonder how many people would
go through each categories when looking for some scripts instead of just
using the search form?

During development cycle (which usually started when Pat declared Alpha
or Beta version of Slackware-Current), admins will be busy verifying
each scripts in the repo to make sure it builds fine against
slackware-current, which will be a moving target since Pat usually have
a long period of testing before he declares stable release.

Some of these scripts have been checked and fixed by Ponce so it gives a
headstart for us, but we have over 9k scripts (per December 2023) and
it's growing each week. There are tons of work to make sure the new repo
is ready when next Slackware is released and we are targeting for
same-day release (if it's possible).

--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo