[Slackbuilds-users] suggestion for a new category for fonts

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at slackbuilds.org
Fri Mar 22 01:48:59 UTC 2024

> I realize that the SBo volunteers do a lot of work for the Slackware
> community, and I would not want to unduly add to the workload.  Having said
> that, would the work load be acceptable if
> (a) you created the categories (fonts and Slackware-specific), and
> (b) whenever a maintainer puts in a new version, it goes into the new
>      category.

moving category is more work during normal cycle because you have to
move the files via git and during public update, we need to remove the
leftover tarball and signature of it. It's ok for small number of
scripts (less than 5), but if you do massive move on a week, that's a
lot of work and we might slip few of them (it happened before until
someone posted on LQ and we had massive cleanups few weeks ago)

during development cycle, since we don't have any repository, tarball,
and signatures, we only work in git tree. Those tarball and signatures
will be created when new repository is ready. This is the perfect time
actually, but i would rather spend my time fixing scripts not working
rather than moving scripts :)

--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo