<div dir="auto"><div dir="auto"><div><div>El vie., 4 de septiembre de 2026 22:32, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo <<a href="mailto:willysr@slackbuilds.org" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">willysr@slackbuilds.org</a>> escribió:</div><div class="gmail_quote"><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">>I received this message from Nicky about ess 17.11, the version in the SBo<br>
>repo. The current version is 26.05.0 (which doesn't build using the SBo<br>
>script with a version change) and the oldest version in the ess archive is<br>
>ess-18.10.2 from 2018-11.10. No 17.11 to download.<br>
><br>
>I don't have the skills to maintain a SBo application. And I suspect I'm not<br>
>the only ess user (with R and grass in my case.)<br>
><br>
>Help's needed for this package.<br>
<br>
>---------- Forwarded message ----------<br>
>Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2026 19:42:40 +0100<br>
>From: Nicky Chorley <<a href="mailto:nick.chorley@gmail.com" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">nick.chorley@gmail.com</a>><br>
>To: Rich Shepard <<a href="mailto:rshepard@appl-ecosys.com" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">rshepard@appl-ecosys.com</a>><br>
>Subject: Re: SBo: ess 17.11<br>
><br>
>Hi Rich,<br>
><br>
>I'm not using ESS (or Slackware) any more, but I'd check the homepage at<br>
><a href="https://ess.r-project.org/index.php?Section=home" rel="noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">https://ess.r-project.org/index.php?Section=home</a> for up to date download<br>
>links.<br>
><br>
>Best,<br>
><br>
>Nicky<br>
><br>
>On Thu, 3 Sept 2026 at 20:52, Rich Shepard <<a href="mailto:rshepard@appl-ecosys.com" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">rshepard@appl-ecosys.com</a>> wrote:<br>
><br>
>> Nicky,<br>
>><br>
>> When I tried to download e-17.11.tgz the browser displayed 'Not Found' at<br>
>> <a href="http://ess-r-project.org/downloads/ess/ess-17.11.tgz" rel="noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">ess-r-project.org/downloads/ess/ess-17.11.tgz</a>.<br>
>><br>
>> Are you able to download it there?<br>
<br>
Anyone using ess ?<br>
this application need some love from new maintainer who actually use this app<br>
<br>
Otherwise, it will be orphaned by next week<br>
<br>
--<br>
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
SlackBuilds-users mailing list<br>
<a href="mailto:SlackBuilds-users@slackbuilds.org" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">SlackBuilds-users@slackbuilds.org</a><br>
<a href="https://lists.slackbuilds.org/mailman/listinfo/slackbuilds-users" rel="noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">https://lists.slackbuilds.org/mailman/listinfo/slackbuilds-users</a><br>
Archives - <a href="https://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/" rel="noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">https://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/</a><br>
FAQ - <a href="https://slackbuilds.org/faq/" rel="noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">https://slackbuilds.org/faq</a></blockquote></div></div><div dir="auto"><br></div></div>
I can mantain this; I use it and I have the free time<br><br><div data-smartmail="gmail_signature"><div dir="ltr">Daniel Aguilera<br></div></div></div>