<div dir="ltr">Bob Funk,<br><br> I am on the same boat. I don't see the harm in keeping buildable old packages that do not affect anything else. I think this <div>is more of a "Karen" kind of thing.</div><div><br></div><div>this is an email from one of the admins:</div><div><i>"<span style="background-color:transparent">Hi Fernando,</span></i></div><i><br>Your submission for oneTBB replicates the existing libraries/tbb<br>SlackBuild which has been in the SBo repo since before the upstream<br>name change to oneTBB. Your submission sources a different version<br>(slightly older) than the existing SlackBuild and unless there is a<br>significant reason to justify having a second older version in the<br>repo, your submission cannot be approved.<br><br>Regards,<br>chris"</i></div><br><div class="gmail_quote gmail_quote_container"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Thu, Sep 10, 2026 at 3:47 PM Bob Funk <<a href="mailto:bobfunk11@gmail.com">bobfunk11@gmail.com</a>> wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div dir="ltr"><div>Is it becoming a security risk to keep around?</div><div><br></div><div>I ask because there's a whole bunch of my slackbuilds that depend on gnome-online-accounts which that will filter down through. Many of these slackbuilds are stuck on older versions on slackware 15.0 due to various libraries in 15.0 that are too old. It'll take some time to go through it all but the last time I looked into upgrading or migrating these to webkit2gtk4.1/libsoup3 I had a ton of problems and package build fails and needed more patches than I maintain packages. Shortly after those packages came out, gnome upstream migrated to a libsoup3/webkit2gtk stack so I expect anything with libsoup2 to break here, even if the underlying deps switch over. I'd like to upgrade to newer gnome packages, but then I need a bunch of other packages/libraries in stock Slackware to be upgraded to newer versions to do that and that's a mess too.</div><div><br></div><div>If need be we can drop packages from the repo that I can't upgrade anymore along with dropping webkit2gtk, and then when next release comes around I can re-add builds (if I feel up to trying to chase fast moving gnome packages in a slow moving slackware stable world again!).</div><div><br></div><div>Regards,</div><div><br></div><div>Bob</div><div><br></div><div><br></div></div><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Thu, Sep 10, 2026 at 12:45 PM KB_SBo <<a href="mailto:sbo@linuxgalaxy.org" target="_blank">sbo@linuxgalaxy.org</a>> wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">On 9/10/26 06:35, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:<br>
<br>
> <br>
> if anyone can help testing their own script against webkit2gtk4.1, that would<br>
> be very helpful<br>
> <br>
> Thanks<br>
> <br>
<br>
I'm a bit slow to update, but so far boinc <- wxWidgets <- webkit2gtk4.1 <br>
works fine.<br>
<br>
-kb<br>
<br>
<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
SlackBuilds-users mailing list<br>
<a href="mailto:SlackBuilds-users@slackbuilds.org" target="_blank">SlackBuilds-users@slackbuilds.org</a><br>
<a href="https://lists.slackbuilds.org/mailman/listinfo/slackbuilds-users" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://lists.slackbuilds.org/mailman/listinfo/slackbuilds-users</a><br>
Archives - <a href="https://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/</a><br>
FAQ - <a href="https://slackbuilds.org/faq/" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://slackbuilds.org/faq/</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>
_______________________________________________<br>
SlackBuilds-users mailing list<br>
<a href="mailto:SlackBuilds-users@slackbuilds.org" target="_blank">SlackBuilds-users@slackbuilds.org</a><br>
<a href="https://lists.slackbuilds.org/mailman/listinfo/slackbuilds-users" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://lists.slackbuilds.org/mailman/listinfo/slackbuilds-users</a><br>
Archives - <a href="https://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/</a><br>
FAQ - <a href="https://slackbuilds.org/faq/" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://slackbuilds.org/faq/</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div><div><br clear="all"></div><div><br></div><span class="gmail_signature_prefix">-- </span><br><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_signature"><br>------------<br>Regards,<br>    Fernando Lopez Jr.</div>