<div dir="ltr"><div>I meant to say "I'm *not* a git expert", so I just wanted your input how to proceed if I would add changes to this "issue".</div><div><br></div><div>Hope I didnt add confusion there!</div><div><br></div><div>Bob</div></div><br><div class="gmail_quote gmail_quote_container"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Fri, Sep 11, 2026 at 3:58 PM Bob Funk <<a href="mailto:bobfunk11@gmail.com">bobfunk11@gmail.com</a>> wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div dir="ltr"><div>@willysr: I have my testing area set up and running now. I can confirm that gnome-boxes-43.5 builds fine and runtime is all good still. However, we can actually push this to gnome-boxes-50.0 with the webkit2gtk4.1 switch so I'd like to do that instead.</div><div><br></div><div>I'll still be working through more packages tomorrow and testing against gnome-online-accounts changes.</div><div><br></div><div>Now I see that you have your issue on github and already merged 43.5. I could submit a PR for gnome-boxes-50.0 and get this through tomorrow or next week if its too late now. I'm just a huge git expert so I'm not sure if that conflicts with your now merged 43.5 version?</div><div><br></div><div>Also, there's probably more communication we're going to need to have around other packages in this change. Would you prefer I continue with you on github on that issue you have open? I'd be responding as 0xBOBF.</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks,</div><div><br></div><div>Bob</div></div><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Fri, Sep 11, 2026 at 1:26 PM Bob Funk <<a href="mailto:bobfunk11@gmail.com" target="_blank">bobfunk11@gmail.com</a>> wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"><div dir="ltr"><div>With the webkit2gtk/libsoup2 to webkit2gtk4.1/libsoup3 stuff you can usually get things to build, but will get crashing at runtime of the application or the entire gnome-shell when libsoup2/3 clash. I'll need some time to set up the testing environment for that and your proposed updates here. I am hoping to get to it on the weekend when I have some time to test that, along with the other packages I have that relate to this change.</div><div><br></div><div>Regards,</div><div><br></div><div>Bob</div></div><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Thu, Sep 10, 2026 at 11:17 PM Willy Sudiarto Raharjo <<a href="mailto:willysr@slackbuilds.org" target="_blank">willysr@slackbuilds.org</a>> wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">>>Is it becoming a security risk to keep around?<br>
>><br>
>>I ask because there's a whole bunch of my slackbuilds that depend on<br>
>>gnome-online-accounts which that will filter down through. Many of<br>
>>these slackbuilds are stuck on older versions on slackware 15.0 due to<br>
>>various libraries in 15.0 that are too old. It'll take some time to go<br>
>>through it all but the last time I looked into upgrading or migrating<br>
>>these to webkit2gtk4.1/libsoup3 I had a ton of problems and package<br>
>>build fails and needed more patches than I maintain packages. Shortly<br>
>>after those packages came out, gnome upstream migrated to a<br>
>>libsoup3/webkit2gtk stack so I expect anything with libsoup2 to break<br>
>>here, even if the underlying deps switch over. I'd like to upgrade to<br>
>>newer gnome packages, but then I need a bunch of other<br>
>>packages/libraries in stock Slackware to be upgraded to newer versions<br>
>>to do that and that's a mess too.<br>
>><br>
>>If need be we can drop packages from the repo that I can't upgrade<br>
>>anymore along with dropping webkit2gtk, and then when next release<br>
>>comes around I can re-add builds (if I feel up to trying to chase fast<br>
>>moving gnome packages in a slow moving slackware stable world again!).<br>
><br>
><br>
>i managed to build gnome-boxes 43.5 and verify it using our CI<br>
>can you try confirm on this?<br>
><a href="https://github.com/SlackBuildsOrg/slackbuilds/pull/17683" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://github.com/SlackBuildsOrg/slackbuilds/pull/17683</a><br>
<br>
gnome-online-accounts also updated to 3.46.0 and migrated to<br>
webkit2gtk4.1<br>
need confirmation please<br>
<a href="https://github.com/SlackBuildsOrg/slackbuilds/pull/17685" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://github.com/SlackBuildsOrg/slackbuilds/pull/17685</a><br>
<br>
<br>
--<br>
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
SlackBuilds-users mailing list<br>
<a href="mailto:SlackBuilds-users@slackbuilds.org" target="_blank">SlackBuilds-users@slackbuilds.org</a><br>
<a href="https://lists.slackbuilds.org/mailman/listinfo/slackbuilds-users" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://lists.slackbuilds.org/mailman/listinfo/slackbuilds-users</a><br>
Archives - <a href="https://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/</a><br>
FAQ - <a href="https://slackbuilds.org/faq/" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://slackbuilds.org/faq/</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>
</blockquote></div>
</blockquote></div>