<div dir="auto">Have you installed python3-hatchling (the dependency listed for python3-hatch_vcs) and its dependencies? <div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">I regularly build python3-hatch_vcs when testing my builds that require it in a clean environment and I've never had a failure. Leads me to believe you're missing already documented dependencies or building on something other than 15.0.</div><div dir="auto"><br></div><div dir="auto">Jeremy</div></div><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Wed, Sep 23, 2026, 3:47 PM Rich Shepard <<a href="mailto:rshepard@appl-ecosys.com" target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">rshepard@appl-ecosys.com</a>> wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Last Friday I sent this message to the package maintainer,<br>
<a href="mailto:fourtysixandtwo@slider.net" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">fourtysixandtwo@slider.net</a>. It was just returned as undeliverable.<br>
------<br>
I built and installed python3-pyproject-hooks. When I try building<br>
python3-hatch_vcs it fails with this message:<br>
* Getting build dependencies for sdist...<br>
<br>
Traceback (most recent call last):<br>
File "/usr/lib64/python3.9/site-packages/pyproject_hooks/_impl.py", line 402, in _call_hook<br>
raise BackendUnavailable(<br>
pyproject_hooks._impl.BackendUnavailable: Cannot import 'hatchling.build'<br>
<br>
ERROR Backend 'hatchling.build' is not available.<br>
<br>
I searched the SBo repo for a hatch-build, and hatchling.build but found<br>
nothing.<br>
-----<br>
<br>
Has anyone else had this issue? It's a qgis dependency.<br>
<br>
Rich<br>
_______________________________________________<br>
SlackBuilds-users mailing list<br>
<a href="mailto:SlackBuilds-users@slackbuilds.org" rel="noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">SlackBuilds-users@slackbuilds.org</a><br>
<a href="https://lists.slackbuilds.org/mailman/listinfo/slackbuilds-users" rel="noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">https://lists.slackbuilds.org/mailman/listinfo/slackbuilds-users</a><br>
Archives - <a href="https://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/" rel="noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">https://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/</a><br>
FAQ - <a href="https://slackbuilds.org/faq/" rel="noreferrer noreferrer noreferrer" target="_blank">https://slackbuilds.org/faq/</a><br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>