<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>

    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    The Thorium web browser was created to fork Chromium to several
    newer classes of CPUs than Chromium considers minimal (very old).  I
    noticed thorium.SlackBuild simply repackages an arbitrary .deb,
    which I believe repackaging .debs & .rpms are almost always a
    bad way to do things, despite some SlackBuilds.org team members
    sometimes do that themselves.  Sometimes it's quicker than
    compiling--fair enough--but I consider generally best to make .txz
    from source code, apart from certain single binaries, which using
    other GNU/Linux packages is more similar to.  I occasionally run
    into problems with converted .debs & .rpms, though can't
    remember the last time that happened from SlackBuilds.org.  I also
    just like to see the source code and be able to patch it, even if it
    might take a minute or several or hours longer (apart from a few
    very big things like GIMP, google-go-lang, KDE, nodejs, pandoc,
    webkits... used to compile GIMP & KDE on NetBSD UNIX which I
    then saw 100+ dependencies or took a week).<br>
            For Thorium, repackaging an arbitrary .deb defeats its
    entire purpose that it's meant to run compiled native to a large
    variety of CPUs and be as fast as it can on each including not
    slower on newer ones.<br>
            It also seems to be by one of the people who's simply using
    line #1 of slack-desc (and not filling it out) rather than using
    projects' READMEs nor writing a helpful one at all.  I ask that a
    rule be made to include proper README, and fill out slack-desc
    accordingly.<br>
            That being said, thorium.SlackBuild is more than two years
    old by apparently inactive maintainer, so likely will be considered
    orphaned if not already.  I would not recommend using that version
    (if security is an issue) rather than official fork the creator's
    source-code repository links to the guy temporarily helping him,
    though they've only made beta versions most this year.
  </body>
</html>