[Slackbuilds-users] BUILD identifier

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Sat Jul 8 02:19:03 UTC 2006

Scott J. Harmon wrote:
> Robby Workman wrote:
>> Guys:
>>
>> We need a better BUILD identifier than 1sbteam.  That identifier
>> is somewhat misleading, as it implies that all submissions were
>> written by the admin team (and that's not how we want it).  We're
>> open for other ideas, but the leading candidate at the moment is:
>>
>>   1sborg
>>
>> Feedback?
>>

> Sounds fine, but might 'SBo' be better? (like 'OOo' for openoffice.org,
> fdo for freedesktop.org, etc....)

Hmmm... I'm leery of three character identifiers due to the fact
that third party packages typically use those, but formatted as
"SBo" may very well be enough to set us apart.  That concern
aside, I do like it, as it's "catchy" enough to create the
possibility that we'll later be known by "SBo"  :)

I'm guessing that many users will change this anyway; I
personally make anything built on my system use "rlw" - but
that's simply to make maintenance easier; a simple grep for "rlw"
in /var/log/packages lets me see what additional applications I
have installed.

RW

--

http://slackbuilds.org