[Slackbuilds-users] Description's in repository @Ezra

Robby Workman rw at rlworkman.net
Tue Jul 11 22:16:41 UTC 2006

Ezra:

This may be more trouble than it's worth, but how feasible would
it be to display a description of each application in the
Category directory listings?  For example, Category "Academic"
currently contains calcoo, chemtool, octave, and xdrawchem.  I'm
picturing it displayed something like this:

	calcoo		scientific calculator
	chemtool	molecular diagramming app
	octave		MatLab clone
	xdrawchem	molecular diagramming app

I'm not sure what else this would require - user-supplied
description at the time of submission?  Add it to the .info file
and parse it?  Show the first line of slack-desc (omitting the
$APPNAME: portion)?  Something else?

If this is too much trouble, ignore it - I don't think it's a
showstopper... :)

RW

--

http://rlworkman.net