[Slackbuilds-users] problem with gtk-qt-engine.SlackBuild

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Sat Feb 24 04:46:06 UTC 2007

dadexter at slackadelic.com wrote:
> Thanks for the heads up. I have fixed the script and resubmitted it. Also I
> removed a file that caused the entry for gtk-qt-engine to be duplicated in
> KControl.

No, it's because of the find $PKG | xargs... strip ...  lines - one
of them must not find anything (which is odd, because there were no
errors when I tested/approved that initially), so the script exits.

It's for that reason that I'm back to using subshells for things
like that - the whole idea behind Pat sending all output of the strip
lines to /dev/null is that it doesn't matter if there's an error.
Live and learn...  :)