[Slackbuilds-users] gtkpod new version out

Helo Athena helo.athena at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 30 23:12:40 UTC 2007

Guys

Your site's link to version 0.99.8 of gtkpod is broken, possibly because
a new version is out.

So I installed gtkpod 0.99.10 on my slackware current system.  Here's
what I had to do:

There is a new dependency on libgnomecanvas.  I used the slackbuild
from your site.

It wants version 0.5.2 of libgpod not version 0.4.2 that is installed
on slackware by default.  I used the official slackbuild file just
changed the version number to upgrade this package.

The libmp4v2 version you have works fine.

As for the gktpod.Slackware file I removed the "-for-libgpod-0.4.2" in
the tar command and removed the desktop icon section as the tarball
comes with its own.

Tested it with my ipod, it works.

As ./configure refuses to finish with the standard slackware libgpod I
don't know what you want to do about this package.

Thanks for the site

Helo