[Slackbuilds-users] libgphoto2

wagnerm at arcor.de wagnerm at arcor.de
Sun May 13 15:55:32 UTC 2007

 Hi,

I am on holidays at the moment, so I can not provide the output of udevinfo although I used it together with udevtest(8) to parse the rules.

> I see no indication that support for the newer
> SUBSYSTEM(S) key had already been added before that.  However, the
> udev documentation often leaves a lot to be desired, so...

I also saw the descrepance between the documentation and my experiences and there are no hints in their ChangeLog. As far as I can remember, the rules did not match when testing them with udevinfo/-test and BUS (which worked with older versions of udev) but with SUBSYSTEM.

> As of right now (at least based on the information we have), this does
> appear to be a bug in libgphoto (as opposed to our script) - we are
> simply generating the udev rules according to their instructions.
> This should probably be reported to them, but if you want to hold off
> for a bit until we can look at the udevinfo output, then that's fine.
> :-)

Yes, I know. Originally my intent was to share my issues with libgphoto2 instead of reporting a real bug as the rules were provided according to my version of udev and compliant to the documentation. So I thought that somebody else might have the same problem.

Also, there is no bug report concerning this behaviour on www.gphoto.org.

Greetings,

Michael Wagner

Viel oder wenig? Schnell oder langsam? Unbegrenzt surfen + telefonieren
ohne Zeit- und Volumenbegrenzung? DAS TOP ANGEBOT JETZT bei Arcor: günstig
und schnell mit DSL - das All-Inclusive-Paket für clevere Doppel-Sparer,
nur  39,85 €  inkl. DSL- und ISDN-Grundgebühr!
http://www.arcor.de/rd/emf-dsl-2