[Slackbuilds-users] slackbuild package manager

Lehman Black dosnlinux at gmail.com
Sat May 19 02:34:18 UTC 2007

Hello, I'm looking for some beta testers for a SlackBuild package manager
called SINP <http://sourceforge.net/projects/sinp>.

SINP can be used just to search the repository on slackbuilds.org, or it can
go ahead and download both the SlackBuild tarball along with the source
code, run the downloaded SlackBuild and install the resulting package.

I'd love to hear any feature requests or suggestions you might have.

Basic usage is `sinp $PRGNAM`. That will run through all the steps of
searching, downloading, packaging, and installing the package created from
the SlackBuild.

To display the help just run `sinp -h`

The only other thing I think that needs explaining is the SBoSearch feature.
This works as if you used the search box on slackbuilds.org, and is the only
search function that allows you to use keywords. The other search functions
match part of the slackbuild tarball file name.

Currently SINP only accepts 1 argument, so if you want to search using more
than one word ( like "window manager") you will need to put them in quotes.

The project is hosted on sourceforge. You can download it at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sinp