[Slackbuilds-users] any policies for python slack packages' naming standardization?

LukenShiro lukenshiro at ngi.it
Sun Nov 11 19:39:20 UTC 2007

I'm building some SlackBuilds who are python 'packages' or scripts and
as far as I know I've not seen this topic in how-tos, FAQ and
discussions yet.

Do you think it could be a best practice to rename a package in order to
have a recognizable reference to python (that is: python-xxxxx or
xxxxx-python), even if the original .tar.gz  source is not already
named as such?
IMHO if the name contains a direct reference to python (e.g. pyfltk,
pydblite or pytables), no name's change should be done .. but in other
cases?

E.g. I've just uploaded a package named "easygui", should it be renamed
as "python-easygui", to distinguish it immediately to be a python
program/library?

--
GNU/Linux * Slackware 'current'
LU #210970 LM #98222 SU #12583