[Slackbuilds-users] Gnumeric

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Thu Nov 22 06:58:45 UTC 2007

alkos333 a écrit :

> I'm thinking about writing a SlackBuild for Gnumeric.  Would somebody
> be willing to help out with the dependencies?
>
> The dependency list can be obtained here:
> http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnumeric/downloads.shtml

Until recently, I've been busy writing a series of SlackBuild scripts
for a "complete" XFCE desktop with a handful of GNOME apps. Then, maybe
two weeks ago and after much time of experimenting, I decided it was
much less hassle to strip down KDE (see http://kdemod.ath.cx) than to
beef up XFCE. But of course, I still have what I did so far.

Take a look at http://kikinovak.free.fr/slackware/12.0.

There's a tarball gnome-minimal.tar.bz2, and I also put the
(uncompressed) content of the tarball online, for your convenience, so
you can browse through it. (My upload speed is not very high, and as I
am writing this message, it's only at 13%, you may have to wait a bit...)

I've included the sources, since retrieving coherent sources for GNOME
can be a bit of an adventure (and you'll understand why Patrick
Volkerding left GNOME out, by the way :oD).

You don't have to spend a whole weekend trying to build the minimal
GNOME libs, I've already done the work for you. There's a master build
script build.sh: this script reads the contents of the plain text file
slackware/packages, builds one package after another, puts them all in
the slackware/ directory and installs them. Of course, you're free to
alter that to suit your convenience.

I've already posted a message about a minimal set of GNOME libs to this
list, but didn't get much response. You'll understand that one of the
main reasons to switch to KDE is the "unmaintainability" of GNOME.

Anyway: enjoy!

Niki