[Slackbuilds-users] Package Thoughts, Try 2

Heinz Wiesinger HMWiesinger at gmx.at
Wed Oct 17 14:41:15 UTC 2007

Hello,
as my journey through the SB.o scripts continues, I'm finding errors / bugs /
mistakes all along my way ;) No, in fact I'm pretty astonished by the quality
of the scripts and just stumbled over some little things.

1: synaptics
Not really an error, just some style (or something I do not understand).
The script installes every file via a "install ...." command, which is not
necessary IMHO, as "make install DESTDIR=$PKG" does work (I've used it for
years...)

2: when compiling openal/freealut I get a lot of errors. I tracked them down
to some build options, but can't figure out, why it doesn't build without
them.
I have to set "--enable-arts --enable-sdl", otherwise openal quits compiling.
Also "--enable-esd" is necessary for me, because otherwise freealut quits
compiling.
And freealut has an error when compiling the demo-app. It doesn't link to
libopenal. I've used an sed string from gentoo's ebuild to fix this:

sed -i -e 's/libalut_la_LIBADD = .*/& -lopenal -lpthread/' src/Makefile.am

This are a lot of errors for just two packages, so I would guess that there
must have been other users encountering the same, otherwise I would guess
it's a problem on my system...

I really appreciate any comment on these.