[Slackbuilds-users] Package Thoughts, Try 2

Heinz Wiesinger HMWiesinger at gmx.at
Sun Oct 21 09:31:47 UTC 2007

Am Mittwoch, 17. Oktober 2007 20:18:12 schrieb Robby Workman:
> Heinz Wiesinger wrote:
> > 2: when compiling openal/freealut I get a lot of errors. I tracked them
> > down to some build options, but can't figure out, why it doesn't build
> > without them.
> > I have to set "--enable-arts --enable-sdl", otherwise openal quits
> > compiling. Also "--enable-esd" is necessary for me, because otherwise
> > freealut quits compiling.
> > And freealut has an error when compiling the demo-app. It doesn't link to
> > libopenal. I've used an sed string from gentoo's ebuild to fix this:
> >
> > sed -i -e 's/libalut_la_LIBADD = .*/& -lopenal -lpthread/'
> > src/Makefile.am
> >
> > This are a lot of errors for just two packages, so I would guess that
> > there must have been other users encountering the same, otherwise I would
> > guess it's a problem on my system...
>
> Interesting; I don't recall any problems building either of those, but
> that's been quite some time.  If you can reproduce this on a clean
> 12.0 install (either in a chroot or emulated environment), submit a
> fixed script for them (note the changes in the Comments when uploading
> the new scripts) and I'll fast-track them for inclusion.

Ok. I tested this on a clean build and it worked. So no errors in the
build-scripts at all.
I redownloaded the source file, just in case, and it was the case. My openal
source file is different from the one listed on SB.o. I downloaded it a year
ago, from the same location. Probably I should really check md5 before
compiling.

Thanks anyway.