[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20070822

Heinz Wiesinger HMWiesinger at gmx.at
Fri Sep 28 14:08:56 UTC 2007

Robby Workman wrote:
> Heinz Wiesinger wrote:
> > I know this is somehow against SB.o's policy, but what about patching the
> > sources? As I see it, from all the other posts about this, the qemu-bin
> > package is only required, because of the source being not able to be
> > compiled with gcc-4.1. But there are lots of other distributions out
> > there using this version of gcc, and they also provide qemu compiled from
> > source. So there must be at least some patched available in the internet
> > to make qemu compile with gcc-4.1.
>
> That would be acceptable, at least so far as I'm concerned, but
> someone will have to find the patches and submit a modified build
> script (there's one in our 11.0/ repo that could be modified quite
> easily, I expect). :-)
>
> RW

Ok, so far so good. This is one of these situations where you recognize that
you never stop learning ;) The situation with quite a lot distributions out
there is the following: either they use an old version (pre 0.9.0) which does
somehow compile with gcc4, or they compile it with gcc3, or they use a
cvs-version.
After all I couldn't find one usable gcc4 patch on the net, so I guess, if
using a cvs-snapshot is not acceptable (we could for example refer to the
src-package debain uses), we'll probably stuck with the binary :-/.
Sorry guys.