[Slackbuilds-users] Sbopkg 0.10.0 Released
chess at chessgriffin.com
Wed Aug 27 03:53:13 UTC 2008
Sbopkg version 0.10.0 has been released. Once again, thanks to
several great bug reports and patches from users, there has been some
good improvement and enhancements since 0.0.9 that are befitting a new
decimal place release. :-) Some of the highlights include:
* Committed a patch from that fixes ubuntulooks update bug, removes
$ARCH from the update comparison code to prevent false positive when
different arches are used, and fixes libsigc++ and TiMidity++ update
bugs; thanks to Bert Babington for the patch.
* Modified the sbopkg.conf file to allow easier/more correct exporting
of variables; thanks to Ken Roberts for the patch and helpful dialog
on the issue. Please note that the default sbopkg $TMP has moved from
/tmp to /tmp/SBo, so be sure to move your permanent build log and
package debugging list, if any, to the new location.
* Renamed sbopkg.conf.sample to sbopkg.conf.new and incorporate a
doinst.sh script per general Slackware convention; thanks to Ken
Roberts for the suggestion, patch, and doinst.sh script. This
sbopkg.conf.new is the new 'sample' configuration file. As such,
please back up your old sbopkg.conf and then consider merging any
changes you made to your old sbopkg.conf and then renaming the
sbopkg.conf.new to sbopkg.conf.
* Add a "Return to Main Menu' function in the package information
menu; thanks to Murat D. Kadirov for the suggestion.
* Include fixes for several other packages in the update code.
* Fixed some typos; thanks to samac for the report.
* Add a feature to view the sbopkg README from the main menu.
* Lots and lots of little fixes, tweaks, and cleanups throughout the
script. The error checking and other similar low-level plumbing
issues are generally improved.
* Several changes/edits to the man pages and other documentation.
This is the second release of sbopkg to include a full ChangeLog of
all the SVN commits so more details can be found in that document.
Thanks to everyone who submitted a bug report, patch, suggestion or
otherwise provided feedback. As always, please report any bugs to me
via email, the sbopkg mailing list, or, preferably, using the Issue
tracker on the project's website. I can also be found in #sbopkg,
#slackbuilds, and ##slackware on freenode.
A noarch package and source tarball for version 0.10.0 can be found at
the sbopkg project website:
GPG Public Key: 0x0C7558C3
More information about the SlackBuilds-users