[Slackbuilds-users] Slackbuild for ATLAS?

Aleksandar Samardzic asamardzic at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 07:38:42 UTC 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 1:44 AM, João Felipe Santos <joao.eel at gmail.com> wrote:

>  [ ... ]
>
> Can we provide a SlackBuild for repackaging these ATLAS binaries on
> slackbuilds.org, as it is done for OpenOffice? ATLAS takes a lot of
> time for compiling by hand, so I think this can justify the use of a
> binary.

Serban Udrea mentioned recently on this list that he's trying to
create packages for Netlib BLAS and LAPACK, so maybe repackaging ATLAS
could be postponed for after his work completed.

On a somewhat related note: I find Sage (http://www.sagemath.org/)
also very useful in providing full stack of scientific
libraries/packages, but unfortunately it is from the beginning
supposed to work in completely separate tree, so it would be pretty
hard to repackage it for a regular Linux distribution...

Regards,
Alex