[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20081210

Robby Workman rworkman at slackbuilds.org
Thu Dec 11 00:19:16 UTC 2008

Tue Dec  9 00:00:23 CST 2008
Slackware 12.2 is released!  As always, thanks to Pat and the crew for
  turning out another in the series of "best Slackware release ever."
  There are a few things that wouldn't build for us, for whatever reason,
  on Slackware 12.2, so those things are noted as removed from our repo.
  We're going to leave the submission form closed for a few more days to
  take a much needed and deserved (IOHO) break and to give us time to focus
  on any needed bugfixes, but we'll open in up soon for new submissions and
  to catch any updates we might have missed for compile errors.
  We'd like to offer a huge "thank you" to the Slackware user community and
  especially our script maintainers; the response we received to our request
  for testing stuff on -current was awesome, and it really made our job much
  easier this time around.  With all that said, thanks again to everyone who's
  helped to make both Slackware and SlackBuilds.org successful; enjoy the new
  Slackware release and SlackBuilds.org repository.  --the SBo team
audio/abcde: Removed - this won't compile on 12.2 and the homepage does not
  seem to be accessible.  --rworkman
audio/audacity: Fixed the build script to compile on 12.2.
  Thanks to Chess Griffin.  --rworkman
audio/cd-discid: Corrected the download link, but there is no
  known homepage for this any more.  --rworkman
audio/gimmix: Removed - this won't compile on 12.2, and the newer versions
  require dependencies that we don't have in the repo yet, so we'll wait for
  the maintainer to push a new update (and he's informed me that he has one
  ready) :)  --rworkman
audio/xmms: Removed - this is included in Slackware 12.2.
accessiblitiy/linuxwacom: Updated for version 0.8.2, so it will
  compile against 2.6.27 kernels. --michiel
desktop/Blokkal: Removed - This will no longer build on Slackware 12.2.
  Also the Blokkal developper only develops for the QT4 platforms. --michiel
desktop/ccsm: Updated for version 0.7.8.  --rworkman
desktop/compiz-bcop: Updated for version 0.7.8.  --rworkman
desktop/compiz-fusion-plugins-extra: Updated for version 0.7.8.  --rworkman
desktop/compiz-fusion-plugins-main: Updated for version 0.7.8.  --rworkman
desktop/compiz-fusion-plugins-unsupported: Updated for version 0.7.8.
desktop/compizconfig-backend-gconf: Updated for version 0.7.8.  --rworkman
desktop/compizconfig-backend-kconfig: Updated for version 0.7.8.  --rworkman
desktop/compizconfig-python: Updated for version 0.7.8.  --rworkman
desktop/emerald: Updated for version 0.7.8.  --rworkman
desktop/kirocker: Updated and fixed the buildscript. --michiel
desktop/lipstick: Updated info file with the correct download and
  homepage link. --michiel
desktop/rss-glx: Updated script so it builds. Thanks to Erik Hanson for
  supplying the fix. --michiel
desktop/simple-ccsm: Updated for version 0.7.8.  --rworkman
desktop/slim: Updated for version 1.3.1 and added a custom Slackware theme.
  Thanks to Frank Caraballo.  --rworkman
development/SoQt: Removed - this is replaced by development/Quarter.
  Thanks to Alex Samardzic for the update.  --rworkman
development/byacc: Removed - the homepage at ISC has disappeared.  --rworkman
development/bzr: Updated for version 1.10. --rworkman
development/dev86: Removed - this is included in Slackware 12.2.
development/gc: Updated for version 7.1. --rworkman
development/intltool: Removed - this is included in Slackware 12.2.
development/io: Removed - the download link is unavailable, and the upstream
  author of this seems to go out of his way to make things difficult for
  packagers, so the effort involved in updating this one isn't worth it to me.
  We'll wait on an update by the maintainer.  --rworkman
development/libx86: Removed - this is included in Slackware 12.2.
development/mod_python: Removed - This no longer build on Slackware 12.2.
  We'll wait on an update by the maintainer. --michiel
development/qdevelop: Updated to 0.26.1 as the older
  archives where removed upstream. --michiel
development/subversion-bindings: Updated for version 1.5.4 and applied a
  patch from Audrius Kažukauskas to use the site-packages directory for the
  python bindings.  --rworkman
development/yaml: Corrected $PKGNAM in .info file.  --dsomero
games/eduke32: Removed - the source for this is no longer available. --rworkman
games/eduke32_hires_pack: Removed - the main game is gone, so it makes no
  sense to keep this.  --rworkman
games/eduke32_shareware_data: Removed - the main game is gone, so it makes no
  sense to keep this.  --rworkman
games/moria: Removed - the home page does not seem to be accessible. --rworkman
games/wesnoth: Updated for version 1.4.6.  --dsomero
graphics/bashgallery: Updated download links. --michiel
graphics/enblend-enfuse: Replaces enblend.  --dsomero
graphics/fbida: Updated to version 2.07 so it will actually build on
  Slackware 12.2. --michiel
graphics/gphoto2: Removed - this is included in Slackware 12.2.
graphics/inkscape: Made the poppler patch mandatory so this will build on
  Slackware 12.2.  --rworkman
graphics/tripod: Updated the info file with the correct download location.
libraries/OpenSceneGraph: Removed - this won't compile on 12.2.
libraries/SDL_Pango: Corrected download link.  --dsomero
libraries/allegro: Updated for version 4.2.2, added a fix to make it compile
  on Slackware 12.2.  --erik
libraries/aufs: Removed - this won't compile on 12.2's kernel.
libraries/cairomm: Updated for version 1.6.4.  --rworkman
libraries/cln: Updated the info file with the correct download location.
libraries/cpufrequtils: Updated for version 005.  --rworkman
libraries/enchant: Removed - this is included in Slackware 12.2.
libraries/glibmm: Updated for version 2.16.4.  Thanks to Paul Wisehart.
libraries/gstreamer: Removed - this is included in Slackware 12.2.
libraries/gtkmm: Updated for version 2.12.7. --rworkman
libraries/gtkspell: Removed - this is included in Slackware 12.2.
libraries/lame: Corrected download link.  --dsomero
libraries/libcap: Removed - this is included in Slackware 12.2.
libraries/libcompizconfig: Updated for version 0.7.8.  --rworkman
libraries/libgphoto2: Removed - this is included in Slackware 12.2.
libraries/libmpd: Corrected download link.  --dsomero
libraries/libnotify: Updated for version 0.4.5.
  Thanks to Erik Hanson.  --rworkman
libraries/liboil: Removed - this is included in Slackware 12.2.
libraries/libpri: Updated - Fixed download link in the info file. --michiel
libraries/libraw1394: Removed - this is included in Slackware 12.2.
libraries/libsndfile: Updated the patch for flac so that this will
  build on 12.2.  Thanks to Dušan Stefanović for the patch.  --rworkman
libraries/lrmi: Removed - this won't build on 12.2.  The maintainer will
  be updating it soon.  --rworkman
libraries/opal: Removed - this is a dependency for ekiga, but one of the other
  dependencies is no longer available at the download page, and the newer
  ekiga release requires a new dependency that's not in our repository.
  We'll wait on the maintainer.  --rworkman
libraries/osggis: Removed - this won't compile on 12.2.
libraries/pwlib: Removed - this is a dependency for ekiga, but it seems that
  newer ekiga needs something else, and the old version from 12.1 is no longer
  available at the download page.  We'll wait on the maintainer.  --rworkman
libraries/sqlite: Removed - this is included in Slackware 12.2.
libraries/yaz: Updated for version 3.0.38.  --dsomero
misc/zaptel: Updated for version 1.4.12.1. --Alan Hicks
multimedia/devede: Updated for version 3.11b. Updated script and
  info files with correct information. --michiel
multimedia/ekiga: Removed - this depends on sources that are no longer
  available, and the newer release of ekiga depends on something that's not
  currently in our repository.  We'll wait on the maintainer.  --rworkman
multimedia/gst-plugins-base: Removed - this is included in Slackware 12.2.
multimedia/gst-plugins-ugly: Updated for version 0.10.10.  --dsomero
multimedia/nted: Corrected download link.  --dsomero
multimedia/smpeg: Removed - this won't build on 12.2.  The maintainer will
  be updating it soon.  --rworkman
multimedia/transcode: Removed - this won't build on 12.2.  The maintainer will
  be updating it soon.  --rworkman
network/aircrack-ng: Corrected download link.  --dsomero
network/arp-scan: Corrected download link.  --dsomero
network/autossh: Updated Maintainer. Paul Wisehart is now
  maintaining this. --Michiel
network/b43-firmware: Updated for version 4.150.10.5 (required for
  the 2.6.27.x kernels).  --rworkman
network/iscsitarget: Updated for version 0.4.17 and cleaned up the build script
  significantly.  --rworkman
network/lurc: Updated for version 0.0.5.3. --michiel
network/madwifi-driver: Removed - this won't compile on 12.2.
network/madwifi-tools: Removed - this won't compile on 12.2.
  I tried a patch that Eric Hameleers uses to build the development branch,
  but it didn't work out for me.  Maybe after 12.2 releases...  --rworkman
network/ndiswrapper: Applied a patch from Eric Hameleers to make this build
  with 2.6.27.x kernels.  --rworkman
network/noip: Updated SlackBuild script to match the version used in the
  archive. --michiel
network/opendchub: fixed download link in the info file. --michiel
network/squid: Updated for version 3.0.STABLE11_RC1.  --rworkman
network/sylpheed: Removed - This refused to compile for now on Slackware 12.2.
  Also, this does not have an active maintainer. --michiel
network/rtl-wifi: Removed - this is supported by the 2.6.27.x kernel.
network/rt2500: Removed -  this is supported by the 2.6.27.x kernel.
network/wireshark: Updated for version 1.0.5. --michiel
network/x11vnc: Corrected $MD5SUM in .info file.  --dsomero
office/abiword: Updated for version 2.6.5.  --dsomero
office/lyx_qt4: Updated info file with the right download
  location. --michiel
office/moneydance: Updated for version 2008_b617.  --rworkman
office/openoffice.org-langpack: Removed - this is outdated relative to the
  OOo version in our repository.  --rworkman
office/tth: Updated incorrect md5sum. --michiel
system/Eterm: Updated for version 0.9.5 and fixed the download link in the
  info file. --michiel
system/bochs: Removed - this won't compile on 12.2.  --rworkman
system/ccid: Removed - this won't compile on 12.2.  --rworkman
system/cpufreqd: Removed - the latest release of this won't build on 12.2;
  it seems to be an error related to libsensors.  --rworkman
system/cddfs: Removed - this won't compile on 12.2.  --rworkman
system/cryptofs: Removed - this won't compile on 12.2.  --rworkman
system/fakeroot: Updated for version 1.11.  --rworkman
system/fglrx-driver: Removed - this won't compile on 12.2.  A newer release
  probably will (according to feedback on the -users mail list), but we'll
  wait for the maintainer to push an update.
system/fglrx-module: Removed - see above note in fglrx-driver.  --rworkman
system/gsmartcontrol: Corrected .info file.  --dsomero
system/pm-utils: Removed - this is included in Slackware 12.2.
system/radeontool: Removed - this is included in Slackware 12.2.
system/rsbac-admin: Removed - the download link is invalid and this is no
  longer maintained anyway.  --rworkman
system/vbetool: Removed - this is included in Slackware 12.2.
system/xdg-utils: Removed - this is included in Slackware 12.2.
system/xf86-input-synaptics: Removed - this is included in Slackware 12.2.
system/xf86-video-openchrome: Removed - this is included in Slackware 12.2.