[Slackbuilds-users] Sbopkg 0.15.0 Released

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Thu Dec 11 02:45:58 UTC 2008

A new version 0.15.0 of sbopkg has been released with support for the
new and shiny Slackware 12.2!  I would like to first congratulate Pat
and the rest of the Slackware crew on another outstanding release.
Clearly, Slackware 12.2 will be the best release yet.  Thank you for
all the hard work at providing everyone with a stable, solid, and fun
Linux distribution to enjoy.

Second, I would like to thank the SBo admins for doing such a great
job with maintaining SlackBuilds.org and also all the individual
maintainers of the contributed SlackBuild scripts at SBo for helping
the admins get everything ready for the new release.  Sbopkg is only
as good as SlackBuilds.org itself and personally, I think
SlackBuilds.org rocks.  :-)

This new release includes the following improvements:

* Slackware 12.2 is now the default Slackware version selected when
  using sbopkg.
* Fix an issue where sometimes a built package was incorrectly listed
  in the software info item menu, i.e. mplayer-codecs-all instead of
  mplayer.  Thanks to necropresto for the bug report.
* Add --no-owner to default rsync flags to avoid having the local SBo
  repo tagged with owner 1016 permissions.  Thanks to Pierre Cazenave
  for the bug report and Erik Hanson for the suggested solution.

Please check out the included ChangeLog for more details.

As always, please report any bugs to me via email, the sbopkg mailing
list, or, using the Issue tracker on the project's Google Code
website.  I can also be found in #sbopkg, #slackbuilds, and
##slackware on freenode.

A noarch package and source tarball for version 0.15.0 can be found at
the sbopkg project website:

http://www.sbopkg.org

Finally, now that Slackware 12.2 has been released, I plan to start
working on some new features and enhancements to sbopkg.

Thanks!

--
Chess Griffin                         | ()  ascii ribbon campaign
public key: 0x84F0D7B6                | /\  www.asciiribbon.org